Where do you want to Grow?
Thank you for stopping by. My name is Ron Flavin and I help entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations build foundations for growth and funding success. I work with entrepreneurs, startups, early-stage firms, businesses of every size, nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies, educational institutions and more in the U.S. and abroad, helping them to achieve their most ambitious strategic, growth, funding or revenue goals. I have secured well over $200 million in funding for my clients over the last ten years and have either led or been part of the decision-making teams that have allocated more than $1 billion in funding over the last five years.
One of the most common questions people ask me is, “What does building foundations for growth and funding success mean?” My answer is that it means that I work with my clients from the “inside-out,” making sure that the solid foundation they need to achieve their strategic, growth or funding goals is in place before taking the next steps. It means that success is built from within, not externally.
There is no shortage of people who can create compelling proposals, layout elaborate growth plans or build a pretty pitch deck. But in practice, it takes more than buzzwords, jargon and hype to launch a startup, secure funding, grow a business or achieve organizational goals. Without the right foundation in place, things start to unravel and success is rarely attained. But by building a solid foundation first, ensuring that all necessary elements are firmly in place before moving ahead, the likelihood of success grows exponentially.
This ‘inside-out’ approach is the cornerstone of my success, enabling me to:
- Secure $9.3 million in funding for a startup to commercialize its new technology.
- Help a 15-year-old would-be entrepreneur build out his business model, attract multiple venture capital offers, land on the television show Shark Tank, and get funded and a mentorship from Mark Cuban. Today, I am proud to say that I sit on the young man’s Advisory Board, along with Mr. Cuban.
- Win a $1.1 million government grant to enable a startup to take an innovative biomass project from concept to commercialization.
- Be frequently called upon to provide Leadership Communication training for top U.S. military leaders from the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, Department of Defense and others.
- Land $16 million in funding to help a small business break into the public safety field.
- Enable a small, disadvantaged, female-owned business to take her product from $50,000 annual sales to being on the shelves of Wal-Mart and nearly every other U.S. mass market retailer in just a year’s time.
- Provide strategic and leadership training for businesses, municipalities, public safety organizations, law enforcement agencies and governmental entities both in the United States and abroad.
- Facilitate the launch of startup firms in the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, South America and more.